COVID-19 Test Kits
About the Free COVID-19 Rapid Antigen At-Home Test Kit Program
In collaboration with the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Pittsylvania County Public Library is distributing free COVID-19 Rapid Antigen At-Home Test Kits.
When available, test kits are dispensed on a first-come, first-served basis, and can be picked up from the circulation desk at each Library location. You may request one test kit per individual with a max of five per family. Neither proof of Pittsylvania County residency nor a library card is required, and the kits are free of charge. Masks are not required in library buildings – including when picking up a test but anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms should have someone pick up the test on their behalf.
Supplies are limited, so please only request kits if you need them immediately or plan to use them in the next two weeks. Stockpiling tests creates shortages for those who are experiencing symptoms! We will be restocked, so tests will be available on a continuing basis.
There are three methods to get an at-home test from the library:
- PICK UP AT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY
a. Stop by the nearest library branch during regular business hours
b. Individuals may enter the library (DO NOT ENTER if symptomatic or there has been known exposure to a person infected with COVID-19) and request a test kit from staff, subject to availability
- CALL AHEAD FOR CONTACTLESS CURBSIDE PICKUP
a. Call or email the nearest library branch and request a test, subject to availability
b. Library staff will ask the caller for a pickup name and an arrival time
c. Library staff will place the requested test with the caller’s name on it outside the front entrance of the library for the caller pickup at the appointed time
d. This service is not offered during the last 30 minutes of each day so that staff may prepare for closing
• Anyone who may have been exposed or be symptomatic for COVID-19 SHOULD NOT ENTER THE LIBRARY for any reason. Please request kits by phone or via email for contactless curbside pickup.
• You do not need proof of county residency or a library card to request a test kit.
• Kits can be requested on the phone or via email for contactless delivery.
• No COVID-19 test kits can be taken or administered inside the library.
• Library staff cannot answer health questions. To interpret test results and next steps: please contact your doctor or refer to the Virginia Department of Health, visit the VDH Protect Your Health – Isolation and Quarantine webpage, or call the Virginia COVID Information Center at 1-877-829-4682, Mon-Fri 8am-6pm.
About the Test
Virginia Department of Health will be supplying no-cost, COVID-19 rapid antigen at-home test kits to libraries as a pick-up location for community members. Rapid antigen tests provide results in 15 minutes. VDH is currently supplying libraries with ACON Flowflex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test or iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test kits. During the initial stage of the program, VDH supplied libraries with virtually guided rapid antigen tests using eMed-proctored Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 At-Home Antigen Test.
● Questions about the ACON Flowflex COVID-19 Antigen Home Test: call ACON Laboratories Customer Support at 1-800-838-9502 or visit the manufacturer’s website.
● Questions about the iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test: call the iHealth Customer Helpline at 1-855-816-7705 or visit the manufacturer’s website.
Information about who should be tested is available at the Virginia Department of Health’s website.
Learn more about this program from the Virginia Department of Health:
- Call VDH at 1-877-829-4682
- Visit Supporting Testing Access through Community Collaboration website.
Public service announcement: the government website to order free COVID test kits is OPEN at www.covidtests.gov/.